Muskoka District boasts hundreds of books set in or written about this celebrated vacation region of Ontario.
Our “Muskoka Books” educational project helps individuals discover this rich heritage in many ways:
- We publish Muskoka titles, sell them online and supply them to other booksellers.
- Our website bibliography gives a full list of books about Muskoka.
- Books are reviewed by Muskoka historian, author, and publisher J. Patrick Boyer.
- Our website links to other Muskoka booksellers and Muskoka’s public libraries.
- We arrange speakers for literary, historical, and other community organizations to learn more about Muskoka books.
“Muskoka Books” is a handy short name, but includes our larger neighbourhood and books about Georgian Bay, Parry Sound, and Algonquin Park.
We preserve, expand, and share with as many people as possible the literary heritage of Canada’s fabled lakeland district — through fiction, biography and memoir, and books on art, natural heritage, and history.